Searching - Duet Searching - Duet

excellent piece

this is an awesome piano piece, very beautiful and moving. i really enjoyed it. however, near the end, it seemed like there were some off-key notes that clashed noticeably with the rest of the piece. other than that, the composition is amazing. Unfortunately the recording is pretty awful. Too much clipping. The car horn and other noises can't be helped obviously, but the clipping/muffling is just awful. Here's a tip - record with the input turned down and then boost the levels later. Also, I do believe that you used "Noise Removal" on this song, as I can hear the distortion. It would be better to leave noise in than to "damage" the music. You can experiment with the noise removal settings until you get an acceptable amount of noise removed without losing any of the music itself (or distorting it).
Finally, I would recommend that you not upload work that isn't your own. If your friends wrote and performed it, then it isn't yours to upload, regardless of whether or not you were given permission to do so. Moreover, the feedback you're given is meaningless because you aren't the one who did the work.

SkypeStep SkypeStep

so. . .

i'm gonna confess that i don't know the first thing about dubstep, so i can't say if this is or isn't dubstep, but i'll tell you what i do know, it's damn good listening, i could definitely jam this for a while. thanks for sharing, keep doing what you do.

I think I've lost my mind I think I've lost my mind

not bad

i really dig this song, you're very talented. as for the mic thing, try recording it at a lower volume and place the mic somewhere about halfway between your mouth and the guitar, but slightly closer to your mouth. then, after you record it, you can always amp the volume and use a compressor (or manually play with the EQ) to make it a bit more tolerable in terms of quality. Just a suggestion. Keep rocking!

Defy You by The Offspring Defy You by The Offspring

holy shit dude

man, i am not like a huge fan of The Offspring by any means. They're a great band and all, just not my cup of tea (I'm more into Tool and Breaking Benjamin), but I could listen to this cover for hours! It's really great, and sounds damn near professional. And the fact that you did it all yourself is just incredible. I wish I had that kind of talent. Keep up the amazing work, brother.

aborted fetus aborted fetus

sorry

so, i tried to keep an open mind considering that this isn't necessarily a genre i am into, and initially, it was pretty cool, but after about a minute in, i got tired of it. for one, it is highly repetitive in the beginning, and as it goes on it starts to devolve into cacophony. then the screaming comes in, which was kinda cool, but did little to help the track overall. it just seemed like more noise thrown in on top of the other noises. now, i realize that this might be what you intended in the first place, to create a track that is blisteringly heavy and noisy. even so, sometimes, noise is just noise.

Dirty Girl song Dirty Girl song

boost the vocals

i was digging it for a while, but man, the vocals are TOO low. the backing music overpowers the vocals, especially the drums. the cymbals completely wipe out the vocals during the rapping section. drop the drums down and boost the vocals and I think this would be awesome.

ravewarrior69 responds:

thanks...i just posted the updated song and did some eq and compression work to boost some thing and tighten some stuff up...let me know if it helped!

.:The Concept Of God:. .:The Concept Of God:.

fantastic

i have been working with FL for a while, and i have to say, i could never do anything nearly this awesome. T-T kudos to you my friend for making such an epic piece. if you hadn't have said that it was made in FL, i wouldn't have been able to tell otherwise.

Ocean Water - Odoghan Ocean Water - Odoghan

well, i think its grunge enough

alot of people below me think this isn't grunge, and i can see why, since it starts off pretty soft, but about 3:10 it really gets into it. kinda reminds me of Candlebox, which is a big compliment, those guys f*ing rock. while it may be a bit on the soft side, i definitely see this as fitting in the genre of grunge, especially towards the end. i mean, it even has a bit of that Pearl Jam feel, and you have a voice that reminds me alot of Maynard James Keenan of Tool, which is also a big compliment, but that doesn't have anything to do with grunge. :P anyway, when i heard this song i stopped what i was doing and thot to myself, "Damn, this song is incredible. I gotta find out who this is." thanks for putting this up. definitely a new favorite of mine.

If the Sky Fell If the Sky Fell

good stuff.

i really liked this, the guitar work, the vocals, the lyrics, all of it. that said, i will admit, it could use some work in the mixing, but it isn't terrible either. there are places where you get it perfect and then others where its off just by a little. this takes away from an otherwise wonderful song. the vocals could be a little stronger, although i do like the aesthetics of soft singing over acoustic guitar. the only other thing i would say is to remove the spot near the end where you accidentally hit the mic. if possible.

Rapture: Bioshock Ambiance Rapture: Bioshock Ambiance

not much like Bioshock

i voted this 4/5 because i really like the track, tho i think for a track meant for a horror flash, its too synthy and could be more ominous/tense. however, i do like it and think it is a good track and used correctly can really get under the listener's skin. however, i give this 6/10 stars because if the flash is supposed to be based off of Bioshock, this track doesn't fit with that concept at all. Bioshock is all chamber music mixed to sound like its playing on old, warped vinyl records. this reminds me more of something out of Shin Megami Tensei. its way too electronic, synth for Bioshock.

AudioVision responds:

Ugh... it's hard to explain. It reeeally isn't meant to be like bioshock. Reeally. It isn't. It's just what some guy wanted for his movie about bioshock. I honestly didn't make it based on the bioshock soundtrack.

And his movie was supposed to be a horror movie.